OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read the following rules and regulations carefully (the "Official Rules"). By participating in ***INSERT CONTEST NAME*** (the "Sweepstakes"), you ("Entrant") agree that you conclusively and unquestionably understand and accept the Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ONE'S CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by ****************** ("Sponsor").
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees and agents (and their respective family members: spouses, children, siblings, in-laws) of Sponsor, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, and subsidiaries are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes begins on ***DATE AND TIME*** EST and ends on ***DATE AND TIME*** EST (the "Entry Period"). There is one way to enter:
(1) Complete the entry form found on **************** Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/furnituresirplus). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Limit one (1) entry per Facebook profile. Only complete entry forms (defined as forms in which all required fields have been filled-in appropriately) will be considered in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or postage-due mail. Entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Drawing: One winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period (the "Drawing"). The Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about ***DATE***. The Grand Prize Winner need not be present at the Drawing to win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, for any reason in its sole discretion including, without limitation, to change the Official Rules or prizes in any jurisdiction or if causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
6. Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive a ***PRIZE DESCRIPTION*** (the "Prize"). The Prize may not be exchanged for any other merchandise. The Prize does not include cost of delivery.
7. Notification: The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within ten (10) business days after the date of the Drawing. Sponsor will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact the Grand Prize Winner. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted, if the Prize is returned as undeliverable or is not accepted, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, then the Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner (an "Alternate Grand Prize Winner") will be selected. The Prize will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner or an Alternate Grand Prize Winner under all circumstances.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of the Prize constitutes Grand Prize Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, state, and any statements made regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. Conditions: The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof of identity before being able to take possession of the Prize. Proof of purchase may include, but not limited to, a government-issued photographic identification card. A 1099MISC Federal tax form will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner for the value of the Prize. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes. Grand Prize Winner will be required as a condition of receiving the prize to provide the Sponsor with the Grand Prize Winner’s social security number so that appropriate reports may be filed with the appropriate tax authorities.
10. Limitation of Liability: EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENTS, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENCIES OF EACH FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.
11. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules and/or the name of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sweepstakes Rules, c/o ******************************. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months after the close of the Sweepstakes.
12. Choice of Law: The laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall govern the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Entrant agree and do hereby consent to jurisdiction of any court of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania which has statewide jurisdiction with respect to any proceeding arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or its subject matter, and further agree that the mailing by registered mail of any process to the last known address of either party shall constitute lawful and valid service of process thereof. In the event any such suit is filed in any state or federal court in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Sponsor and Entrant shall not raise and hereby waive the defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction or venue. In the event that such process requires an answer or response thereto, the time in which Sponsor and Entrant must file and serve such answer or response shall be computed from the day of its or her receipt of such process.